Please browse our website for more in-depth information about Greater Shelby Kennel Club, Inc. and feel free to contact us if you have any questions!
Interested in showing your dog in Conformation? The Club schedules Conformation (Handling) Classes twice each year. These classes help prepare new exhibitors and dogs to compete in Conformation Events. The next Conformation/Handling course will be scheduled in June again this year . The dates are June 9, 16th, 23rd and 30th. The class is being held at 7:30PM on Tuesday evenings, at the Cordova Community Center located at 1017 Sanga Rd, Cordova, TN. There will be an instructor for Junior Handlers. For more information including class fee, please email the GSKC Webmaster, Elaine Beard at firstname.lastname@example.org. Watch this site for posting of the exact dates.
We’d love to meet you!
General meetings are the fourth Wednesday of each month, January through October, at 7:30 pm at the Cordova Community Center on Sanga Rd. Meetings are for humans only. Please leave your dog(s) at home.
The Annual All-Breed Conformation, Obedience, and Obedience Rally show is scheduled for July 9th-12th, 2015, at the Southaven, MS, Multipurpose Arena. Everyone is welcome to come and see what is going on with the Greater Shelby Kennel Club and the Tupelo Kennel Club this year.
Due to excessive Spring rains this year, delays in construction located in the south part of the Southaven Arena parking lot have necessitated a shift in our parking areas to accommodate our exhibitors. To assure adequate parking for all exhibitors, the Event Committees requests that all exhibitors adhere to the following guidelines and be considerate of the needs of others:
1. Exhibitors with box trucks or other large vehicles should park their vehicles so that only one regular parking space is occupied or request parking in the designated and convenient RV-parking area. Please make a late reservation; late fees will be waived.
2. All exhibitors with RVs should park in the convenient designated area behind the arena.
3. Designated areas directly in front of or to the rear of the building are reserved for unloading or loading. Vehicles should be moved as soon as possible for the convenience of others.
4. Parking is allowed in the grassy areas located to the West and the Northeast of the building. Parking is also allowed along the Dorchester Drive (provided no fire hydrant is blocked).
5. We have hired staff to assist exhibitors in loading their vehicles on July 12.
6. We will have a parking attendant on-duty to assist exhibitors in locating parking places throughout the Cluster. Please follow his or her directions.
We wish to reassure our exhibitors that there is adequate, convenient, and safe parking available at the Southaven Arena for all of our exhibitors. We will have parking assistants to help exhibitors find parking and reserved areas for loading and unloading. As always we have hired security guards to patrol the RV parking area and the exhibitor lots. Please see the Conformation page for pictures of possible places to park. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at the show.